The Center for Medical Progress released its third “Human Capital” video, the seventh video in the Planned Parenthood exposé, this morning and it is horrific. Although there is a graphic moment that will shock and disturb many people, that isn’t the only thing that makes this video horrific: it is the further revelation that Planned Parenthood not only profits off the sale of aborted “fetal tissue” (human baby body parts and organs), but that they will go so far as to commit infanticide to do so.
Justin Taylor gives some of the back story to all of these videos for those who are unfamiliar with the controversy due to the blackout of these videos’ coverage in the mainstream media. He also provides some answers to four FAQs:
- If I Haven’t Seen the Other Videos Yet, What Do I Need to Know?
- Scientifically, Does Human Life Really Begin at Conception or Is It Merely Potential Human Life?
- What Questions are Lawmakers Asking the CEO of Planned Parenthood and the Secretary of the US Health and Human Services?
- If Planned Parenthood Were Ever to Be Shut Down, Where Would Women Go for Contraception, Mammograms, and Health Care?
David French at the National Review analyzes the video and points out the many ways the procedures described in the video are in violation of Federal and California state law (California being the location of Stem Express, the company that purchases “fetal tissues” from Planned Parenthood clinics). His article cites some of the more pertinent portions from the video’s transcript that point to the criminality involved. His article can be read here. Some of the most troubling statements, bulleted below for those reticent of watching the video, are from Holly O’Donnell, a former procurement technician at StemExpress, in which she describes the harvesting of an intact brain from a late-term male fetus whose heart was still beating after the abortion:
- “And I’m sitting here, and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think. . . . She’s [the doctor performing the abortion], like, ‘Do you know why that’s happening?’ And I knew why that was happening. It’s because the electrical current — the nodes were still firing.”
- “It [the baby] had a face. It wasn’t completely torn up. It’s nose was very pronounced. It had eyelids. And its mouth was pronounced. And then since the fetus was so intact, she [the doctor] said, ‘Okay, this is a really good fetus, and it looks like we can procure a lot from it. We’re going to procure a brain.’”
- “I remember holding that fetus in my hands, when everyone else was busy, and started crying and opened the lid and put it back [in the jar]. It’s really hard knowing you’re the only person who’s ever going to hold that baby.”
Planned Parenthood receives over $500,000,000 in taxpayer funds each year. The evidence in these videos suggests that, in addition to being in despicable disregard for the dignity of human life at its most precious and vulnerable stage, Planned Parenthood needs to be investigated for serious Federal and state crimes. What is depicted in these videos is murder—intentional murder of human life.
Denny Burk calls us all to “remember the baby boy whose brain was harvested in Planned Parenthood’s abortion mill”, adding: “This is not a shady, gray moral issue. No, this is clear. This horror cannot stand. This horror must not stand. If we as a people cannot muster the moral courage to end this, then we will deserve whatever judgments we receive. God help us.”